Zumba!


Have I ever mentioned on here that I am afraid of do not like group fitness classes? They intimidate me. I always feel like the biggest, most uncoordinated person in the room.

But last night, I tried Zumba... and I loved it! I always wondered what the big deal was, and now I see. There was no pressure to be perfect, and I love to dance. In 52 minutes, I burned 772 calories... so I will definitely be back!

So strength training yesterday... after Zumba I was wiped out. I have a busy day today, so I am actually going to the gym NOW so it will be DONE.  Can you tell I'm still motivated?

Still no sugar, but yesterday there WAS temptation. A couple of weeks ago, I left a bag of my groceries at WalMart. Apparently, the write the items in a book, so that when you come back you get a refund. Well, I came back yesterday and forgot my receipt - which is fine, but you have to get the items instead of the refund. One of the items? Double-stuffed Oreos.

Seriously... I almost left them on the counter. But my kids haven't had a "treat" in a while so I brought them home. I told my oldest to hide them where I couldn't find them. But truthfully... I really don't even want them now. The fruit is really helping with the cravings and withdrawal symptoms.

It's the weekend, so I feel like I need to have a plan (especially since we'll be spending the night away). I am babysitting Jess's (four) boys this weekend, and I have decided to do it at her house instead of mine. She has more room, a swing set, and a pool. I can handle all seven kids at my house, but there is just more to do over there. So here is my plan:

1. Bring plenty of fruit & veggies.
2. Have yogurt and other healthy snacks for the kids.
3. Bring my own bottled water.
4. Offer to make dinner (so I know it will be healthy).

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment