First day on Medifast... Success!


I got my Medifast food last night - It was on my doorstep when I got home from class. You would have thought I was a kid on Christmas! I scratched the plan to start on Saturday, and got started today instead. I was just too excited to put it off. And guess what? It was a good day!

I don't want anyone to think this is going to turn into a "medifast" blog, but since this IS what I am doing right NOW, I will talk about it until the "newness" wears off. I did Weight Watcher's the same way, as well as the whole "clean eating" thing. This is a weight loss blog, and whatever I am doing to lose weight will be featured on here. I don't really feel compelled to talk a lot about the Medifast food, though. If you want to know more you can go to the Medifast site, or check out Lyn's blog, Escape from Obesity. She has actually posted pictures of most of the products.

My thoughts about day 1:
- The food is not as bad as I expected. It's actually pretty good! I had maple & brown sugar oatmeal, lemon meringue bar, chicken noodle soup w/ .5 cbrocolli added, chili nacho cheese puffs, tuna and 1 c. asparagus for dinner, and a strawberry shake just now to end the day.
- I have not been hungry at all, which floors me. I logged my food and I have consumed a little over 800 calories today! ????? I have eat every 2.5 - 3.5 hours all day! And no hunger?????
- The cravings haven't been so bad either. My co-worker was eating a double cheeseburger at his desk today and I thought I was going to come over that desk and snatch it from him, lol. But other than a brief episode of just "wanting" something, I've been ok!
- No headaches/fatigue that I am blaming on the diet. My daughter left for her school trip today, and I had to get up at 4 a.m. to have her there at 5 a.m. I took a nap when I got home from work today - but I think it's because I went to bed at 1 a.m. and got up at 4 a.m.!
- I have been really thirsty. I am closing out the day at 156 oz. of water! And that's not counting the water that I added to all the Medifast meals.

Bottom line is I feel great! I keep reading all the posts on Facebook from people who are on Medifast and are losing weight and reaching their goals. I really want this to work. I am so ready to finally get this weight off for good! I am excited to see how the next few days goes. I just checked the weatherforecast and we are supposed to see sunshine and 60+ degree weather for the next several days! What a treat - Spring break is actually going to feel like SPRING!

0 comments:

Post a Comment