Starving


Is it possible for MY body to go into starvation mode? I didn't think so, but now I'm wondering.

I stayed 100% on plan this week. Journaled everything. The only day I went over 1200 calories was on Saturday, and that was for a planned dinner out with a friend. I only ate 1/2 of my entree, and drank water. I turned down pizza AND birthday cake earlier in the day to account for dinner. I was so proud of myself for having a successful week.

Until I weighed in today at work.

Guess how much I lost?

Nothing. Nada. Zero. "0".

I almost cried. I mean, it's Valentine's Day, and I'm single. I have four kids and I'm broke. My son has the flu. I'm depressed. And the one thing I was looking forward to (weight loss for the week) didn't happen.

UGH!

I was sure that 1000 - 1200 calories daily would get me the loss I wanted. I wasn't hungry at all and didn't feel deprived. I thought I'd made good choices! My water intake was great. I went to the gym twice and stayed active all week. What gives?

Is that amount of calories NOT ENOUGH? Is my body in shock? I don't know.

According to Sparkpeople, I need 1270 - 1620 calories per day for my height, weight, and age. Livestrong.com says I need 1690 to lose 3 lbs per week. That amount is above my usual weight loss comfort zone. What is right? What is wrong? I DON'T KNOW!

So, I guess this week I am going to try to stay between 1600 - 1700 calories and see what happens. I am going to try my best to get at least 3 days in the gym... I went today and walked for 30 minutes and did arm exercises. My coworker/workout buddy is extra encouraging (and btw she lost 8 lbs this week... :/).

I refuse to give up. Today's news was discouraging, but it won't get me down for too long...

0 comments:

Post a Comment